A re-entry student is a student who has been academically dismissed from LACM who wishes to re-enroll but is ineligible to appeal.
WAITING PERIOD FOR RE-ENTRY STUDENTS
If you have been Academically Dismissed a second time, you must wait 6 months from dismissal before being eligible to enroll on a part-time “Program Completion” status (if warranted). You must wait a full year from the dismissal date before you are eligible to enroll in a full-time course
PROCEDURE FOR RE-ENTRY STUDENTS
Prior to the desired re-enrollment date you must meet with the Dean. During this meeting the Dean will determine whether or not you warrant re-entry to LACM. Upon approval by the Dean, you must reapply for admission to LACM through the Admissions Department. If admitted:
• Credits from your prior enrollments at LACM are transferable.
• You may enroll in Program Completion for your initial quarter(s), if applicable.
• Space permitting, you may retake any previously passed classes if desired.
• You will be immediately placed on Academic Probation (see Academic Probation section).
• If you are academically dismissed again, the dismissal shall be permanent for that enrollment.
Should you wish to re-enroll, you must commence the re-entry process for consideration as a Re-
Entry student from the beginning.
• Financial Aid recipients will not be eligible to receive Federal Financial Aid for any previously attempted courses.