Below are the MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS you’ll need in order to watch each course’s video lessons and be able to record yourself and submit your recorded work to your instructor to receive personalized video feedback. Click here for a list of FAQs.
- Windows 7 and newer
- Mac OSX 10.6 and newer
- Linux – chromeOS
Mobile Operating System Native App Support
- iOS 7 and newer
- Android 4.2 and newer
Canvas, our online learning platform, supports the last two versions of every browser release. We highly recommend updating to the newest version of whatever browser you are using as well as the most up-to-date Flash plug-in. As of March 12, 2016, we support the most recent versions of Flash and popular web browsers:
- Internet Explorer 11 and Edge
- Chrome 48 and 49
- Safari 8 and 9
- Firefox 44 and 45 (Extended Releases are not supported)
- Flash 20 and 21 (for recording or viewing audio/video and uploading files)
- Respondus Lockdown Browser (supporting the latest system requirements)Some supported browsers may still produce a banner stating Your browser does not meet the minimum requirements for Canvas. If you have upgraded your browser but you are still seeing the warning banner, try logging out of Canvas and deleting your browser cookies. Learn how to clear your cache on a Mac or a PC.
- Flash is required in several places in Canvas: media recording/streaming and viewing as well as uploading files to a course or an assignment. Other than these features, Flash is not required to use most areas of Canvas. Please note that some browsers, such as Firefox, may no longer support Flash.
- The Java plug-in is required for screen sharing in Conferences. Please note that some browsers do not support Java. Otherwise, there are no other browser plug-ins used by Canvas.
Computer Speed and Processor
- LACM Online is best viewed at a minimum of 1024×600, which is the average size of a notebook computer. If you want to view your courses on a device with a smaller screen, we recommend using the Canvas mobile app.
- Use a computer 5 years old or newer when possible
- 1GB of RAM
- 2GHz processor
- Along with compatibility and web standards, Canvas has been carefully crafted to accommodate low bandwidth environments.
- Minimum of 512kbps
- Webcam (for recording your video lessons) or other similar device (smartphone or tablet)
- Recommended: A decent USB microphone or an external microphone running through an interface or similar configuration
* The certificates listed above are non-transferable and do not apply to any of LACM’s on-campus programs. The courses listed above are not for credit and do not prepare you for examination or future licensure.