- Windows 7 and newer (users on Windows 10 need to download the Windows 10 Anniversary Update to submit Canvas assignments)
- Mac OSX 10.6 and newer
- Linux – chromeOS
Mobile Operating System Native App Support
- iOS 7 and newer
- Android 4.2 and newer
Canvas, our online learning platform, supports the last two versions of every browser release. We highly recommend updating to the newest version of whatever browser you are using as well as the most up-to-date Flash plug-in. As of March 12, 2016, we support the most recent versions of Flash and popular web browsers:
- Internet Explorer 11 and Edge
- Chrome 52 and 53
- Safari 8 and 9
- Firefox 47 and 48 (Extended Releases are not supported)
- Flash 22 and 23 (for recording or viewing audio/video and uploading files)
- Respondus Lockdown Browser (supporting the latest system requirements).
Some supported browsers may still produce a banner stating your browser does not meet the minimum requirements for Canvas. If you have upgraded your browser but you are still seeing the warning banner, try logging out of Canvas and deleting your browser cookies. Learn how to clear your cache on a Mac or a PC.
- Flash is required in several places in Canvas: media recording/streaming and viewing as well as uploading files to a course or an assignment. Other than these features, Flash is not required to use most areas of Canvas. Please note that some browsers, such as Firefox, may no longer support Flash.
- The Java plug-in is required for screen sharing in Conferences. Please note that some browsers do not support Java. Otherwise, there are no other browser plug-ins used by Canvas.