Academic Advising Office
The Academic Advising Office is located in the LACM North Building at 300 S. Fair Oaks Ave. Pasadena, CA 91105. Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm (PT). Advising is available by appointment or walk-in (based on advisor availability). To contact your advisor, please call 626-568-8850 or by e-mail: [email protected].
Our goal is to oversee student welfare at LACM. This includes assisting students in all issues ranging from academic to personal matters during their time in school. We want to see all students succeed in their studies, feel comfortable in their school life, and adjust to the demands of their program. We aim to facilitate our students’ development toward the continued dedication required to succeed in their musical careers and life outside of LACM.
You should contact the Academic Advising Office for help in matters such as:
- Advice pertaining to all academic issues
- Guidance regarding elective course registration
- Understanding your program’s requirements
- Adjusting to life away from home
- Problems or concerns about instructors, staff, or other students
- Concerns or grievances regarding your grades
- Advice on how to deal with personal matters that may affect your time at LACM (i.e. family emergencies, illness, injury, job offers, or financial issues)
- Changing your student status (i.e. cancellation, program transfers, Leave of Absence)
- Improving study skills (i.e. developing a time management plan, and prioritization)